For the last 10 years, the Center has developed, implemented, and refined Learning Without Borders, a professional development program in arts integration supported by the U.S. Department of Education. To date, more than 200 teachers and 6,000 students have completed the program.
Learning Without Borders is a year-long program that includes:
• Professional development in arts integration strategies
• Skill-building in global art traditions (African Music and Dance, Mexican Music and Dance, Theater, and Digital Arts)
• Visits with professional Teaching Artists from East Bay Center
• Professional Learning Circles in arts integration at participating school sites
• An Arts IMPACT! Showcase demonstrating the benefits of arts integration on student success
Learning Without Borders 2016-17
We are recruiting teachers for our 2016-17 program! If you are interested in becoming a Lead Teacher at your site, or attending professional development sessions throughout the year - please complete this Interest Form.
To see what we did in 2015-16, click on our professional development calendar. Check back soon for our 2016-17 calendar.